The new OTTOMILA
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the legendary 7000 series, which scored many successes in the world of Italian car stereo and beyond. We renewed a range of speakers already in itself exceptional, with the aid of the best technologies now available.
Elevated to perfection
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the 7000 series. The goal was to renew a variety of speakers in itself exceptional, with the help of the latest technologies and the use of the best materials available today; always with an eye to the versatility of installation. Key to the development of this type of system in the car was so take full advantage of their exceptional musicality. In the 8000 series every detail was taken care of with the utmost care, from the choice of materials to the forms, from the construction and finishing of the baskets to the ventilation systems of magnets and coils. It has improved what was thought to be difficult to improve and we strongly believe that it has laid the foundation for another decade of success.
Main Features and Construction Technologies
• Most of the parts that make up the speakers have been made with the CNC process, it ensures perfect geometry and impeccable aesthetics.
• The tweeters and the midrange use a very large vented neodymium motor magnet optimized with computer simulations (FEA) to obtain a great efficiency and improve linearity along all the voice coil’s excursion.
• Torcon® soft dome (tweeters), of an exclusive Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) with a high-performance fiber that offers superb heat resistance, low weight, excellent self-damping, and a free resonance frequency.
• The center ventilation hole provides an optimal cooling of moving coil to be able to handle high power without dynamic compression.
• Residual resonance is killed by the dB Cloth® under-dome damping material (tweeters).
• 25.5 mm CCAW (Copper Clad Aluminum Wire) double layer voice coil (midrange) is wound on an aluminum former for exceptional power handling and compression-free reproduction, for even the most demanding musical passages.
• The axial ventilation system ensures high thermal dissipation capacity, power handling and reliability.
• Non pressed cellulose pulp exponential cones (woofer) has a vinylester resin coating, ensuring a perfect balance between rigidity, weight, and self-damping. It guarantees an extremely natural and linear reproduction in all musical passages.
• The exclusive rubber surround offers maximum linearity of travel and high reliability in extreme conditions.
• Large Conex™ spider (midrange and woofer) allows a smooth and gentle run at low excursions.